Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Mark Sanford: God wants me to stay

In a message written to supporters, South Carolina governor Mark Sanford stated that God does not want him to resign due to his lengthy affair with a woman in Argentina.

"“A long list of close friends have suggested otherwise – that for God to really work in my life I shouldn’t be getting off so lightly," said Sanford, who voted for the impeachment of President Clinton after the Lewinsky scandal.

"I would ultimately be a better person and of more service in whatever doors God opened next in life if I stuck around to learn lessons rather than running and hiding down at the farm.”

Here's another quote, Mr. Sanford.  "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires."  Susan B. Anthony

No comments: